Monday, January 13, 2003

Streeeeeeeetch



Things are going well.  I am getting increasingly excited about meeting this baby!  But, I still feel like I have a lot of little things to get done before I'm ready.  I have been washing the neutral baby clothes, as well as the fabric parts to the carseat, swing, bouncy seat, and cradle.  I did schedule us to go to a Labor Delivery Expectations review class on the 21st, which I just realized is next week!!  It really won't be long until the baby comes!     

I've been reading information from the hospital about the facilities and services available, and I'm feeling pretty comfortable with all of that.   I'm hoping we'll be able to get a tour when we're there for the class next week.   But, Jeremy's boss's wife is a labor/delivery nurse there, and she has offered to give us a tour anytime.       

I definitely want to create a birth plan again, like I did for my labor & delivery with Annah.  I don't know how much the nurses & doctor referred to it, but it made me feel better knowing I had made my desires known on paper.   There seem to be more interactive personalized birthplans available online now than there were just over 2 years ago, which is great!  Here are some I've found so far, though I haven't had a chance to look over yet:

     Yesterday in church, I leaned over to the side while I was sitting down and picked up a paper off the floor.  Then I couldn't get up!  Thankfully, Jeremy was sitting beside me, and I could reach him enough to poke him and get him to grab my hand.  He pulled me up and we had a little chuckle to ourselves.  We were sitting in the back row, so I doubt many people (if anyone) saw.  It was pretty funny.


     Oh yeah... I didn't think I could possibly get any more stretch marks than I already had, but yesterday I noticed them all over my belly.   They're moving outward in every direction from my belly button!  I had some there before, of course, but there are LOTS of new ones now too.  I don't think there will be any new place on my body for them to appear where they weren't before... There just aren't many spots left!

     I added a new link in the sidebar today.  Clicking on the hospital Newborn Gallery after our baby is born should allow you to look up a picture of our baby--maybe even before we get home from the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment