Thursday, January 23, 2003

Conflicting Opinions



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart till the day you die."    ~ Mary Mason
"~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

   I went to the doctor this morning.  I gained 3 pounds in the past 2 weeks, and my blood pressure was 104/70.  (I have no idea what that means, but they reassure me every time that they will tell me if it's not good.) 
 
    Dr. W said that the baby is getting really big.  She said I am measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule, and that the baby would probably weigh more than 6 pounds if born right now!  Yikes!  She said when the time gets closer to remind her how big Annah was, because "we might want to take this one a little early."  I'm not sure this "we" does, if it means being induced, but maybe by that time I will feel differently.
     Baby's heartrate was 147 today.  Who knows, maybe it is a girl?  It's hard telling by this one's heart rates.
     I told Dr. W that I would really like to go without drugs, and she immediately looked shocked and said, "Oh you don't want to do that."   She said that since the baby is so big, an epidural would help in a lot of ways, and would greatly reduce the risk of having to have a C-section because of complications due to the baby being big.  I told her I had no drugs with Annah, and that things went just fine.  She said she wasn't saying I couldn't go natural, but that she thinks I should want to have the epidural.
     I guess I will just see how things go when the time comes.   I suppose I should realize that this isn't going to happen just like it did the first time, and that it's okay if things are different.  I can really feel myself getting more nervous as the time is coming closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment