Wednesday, January 8, 2003

Spousal Support



     Tangible things that help me ease some of the pains of being pregnant:
~ Peppermint Foot Lotion--Ahhhh! 
~ Any kind of lotion on my itchy belly!
~ Lots of pillows!
~ Ice cream!
~ FOOD! :)
~ Gym shoes--all the time!  (or slippers)

-------------------------------

I am blessed with such a wonderful husband.  I know I don't tell him that enough, but I am so thankful for him.  He takes such good care of me and is a wonderful provider.  He is very understanding of how difficult it is for me to do thing around the house when I am this pregnant, and he helps out a lot.       

One thing I am extremely thankful for in Jeremy is that he feels it is important for me to be home raising our children instead of working.  I never thought I would want to be a stay-at-home mom, but I could never ask for a more wonderful job!  I am lucky that Jeremy has a good job, and that we are able to "do without" some things so I don't have to work outside the home.     

While I was pregnant with Annah, we bought a house, knowing it would take my salary to make the mortgage payment each month.  Jeremy tried to remind me that I would not have the option of quitting my job to stay home with the baby if I wanted to, but I told him that I would never want to do that.  I thought I would get bored.  

When Annah was born, and I went back to work 9 weeks later, it was absolutely the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my entire life.  I could not stand leaving my tiny baby with someone else (although she was a good sitter, and we trusted her) who got to hold her and care for her all day long every day, while I had to go to work.   

I began hating and resenting my job (which I loved before), and would call Jeremy from my car on the way to work every morning crying.  I wanted to care for and raise my daughter myself!  But, we couldn't make enough monetary adjustments for me to quit my job--until we moved with Jeremy's career!  Thank the Lord; He provided a way!   

I am so very thankful to have the opportunity to spend every day with my girl (and soon another baby!) now!       

--------------------------------

I'm wondering if the doctor will be able to tell if the baby has turned when I go for my appointment tomorrow?  I hope so!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves."    
~ Henry Ward Beecher
"~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment