Friday, September 30, 2016

Not mundane

It's been another week of "simple," "everyday" blessings. (I put those words in quotes because they really create an oxymoron when tied together with "blessings." Those little, simple, everyday [whatever mundane adjective] are really the big deals that I want to stop and thank God for, and let Him know that I notice! 

I got to Starbucks' new Chile Mocha last Sunday afternoon.  I was a little afraid that it would taste like tacos, but it didn't at all.  It was yummy.  It was a blessing to my mouth, warmth to my body, and the caffeine brought relief from a headache.  


Sylvia entered the t-shirt design contest for String Project.  I really like the fact that she incorporated the "Every Person is Important" saying that the teachers remind them of often.  I love that she has this group of people who come together to learn and share a common interest and goal!


I made this child's owl hat this week when asked by a friend who wanted one for her daughter for Christmas.  I think it's so adorable; I'm going to make more.


Dawn and I needed some friend time, so I invited her and the boys she watches to come over for the morning on Thursday.  Triple blessings: I got to have time with Dawn!  I got to hold baby Ryder!  

And I got to have a little one playing with trains in the house for a day!  Caeden brought his trains down Wednesday night and built a track for Griffin to play with.  He did play with it, and even watched a Thomas the Train video before he disassembled the track by literally getting too into it.  Then he watched Woody (Toy Story).  So fun!

The AWE Sessions on Thursday night was cool.

These guys had a moment that I loved hearing/watching talking guitar.

Jeremy held a meeting at lunch at school on Friday for all the kids interested in JH/HS wrestling!  I'm very proud of him and excited for him to have this opportunity.  (I'd also appreciate some extra and specific prayers for all of us as we navigate the next several months with the difficult schedule.)

So, these are just a few examples of the extra-awesome blessings of the week.  
Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment