Saturday, September 3, 2016

After teaching my Saturday morning voice and piano lessons, the girls and I decided to go shopping.  Jeremy had a bunch of things he wanted to do outside, and Caeden is under the weather with either allergies or a cold or both, so the guys stayed home.  Caeden was fine with resting and watching a couple Star Wars movies.

We girls started at the party store, looking for a few red things for Annah's class color day coming up during Homecoming week.  I thought these were fun sunglasses.  

I like to get as many things as we can at Meijer so that our mPerks will give the greatest reward.  It was definitely worth it today!  We saved $100 in specials like BOGO 1/2 off, etc.  And, we saved $22 with mPerks and $22 more with coupons!  I was pretty excited.  I am not a coupon-er, but I do feel like we save a lot with mPerks.  (As you can see, we have saved almost $1200 so far this calendar year just at Meijer.)


These two do not agree on what bananas should look like.  Sylvia likes them to have plenty of brown spots on the skin for maximum banana flavor (So even her yellow ones aren't good enough yet.), and Annah likes them green.  They crack me up.

We also went to ALDI, and we save a lot there.  I pointed out to the girls just the difference on frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts:  2.5 lbs at Meijer for $7.49, and 3 lbs at ALDI for $5.49.  I feel like I have to pay very close attention and remember what various things cost at different stores to get the most for the money.  


This evening, Jeremy cooked some amazing ribeyes on the grill!  Annah did a little homework, and the kids all practiced their instruments.  

A good day!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment