Thursday, August 30, 2012

I will be still.

So I have a quiet morning and an entire day to be still today...not exactly how I planned this day would be, but I sense God telling me that's how it needs to be.  So, I will be still and know that He is God and spend extra time studying His word and being in prayer today.  I'm grateful for the opportunity.

Wednesdays are my day to be at the church, meeting with Pastor Todd, preparing for staff meeting, making lists of things that need communicated and completed, etcetera.  Yesterday morning, my car wouldn't start.  The key wouldn't even turn.  It's been doing this thing for, I don't know, at least 6 months or so, where the key won't turn...But after a few minutes of trying it usually seems to unlock and the key turns and the car starts just fine.  Yesterday, I tried for an hour, yanking the steering wheel hard to one side or the other, banging on the gear shift, depressing the brake...all the things I could think to try...but no go.  Pastor Todd came all the way out to our house to pick me up AND brought me back home in the afternoon so I could be here when the kids got off the bus.

I figured the car would probably start just fine when Jeremy got home in the evening and tried it, but it didn't.  Boo.  I don't even know what our plan is...Jeremy was a bit too upset to discuss it much last night.  So, today, I'm not going anywhere.

I was planning to go to the school to play for choir rehearsals today.  I was planning to go grocery shopping, since I haven't in weeks.  I was planning to take the kids to violin lessons, since they have important auditions coming up in less than two weeks.  I was planning, planning, planning to get lots of things done today.  But instead, I'm thankful to have a day at home in the quiet.

Instead, I'm doing laundry...grateful to have our new washer and dryer.  Instead, I will spend some time reading a book--something I haven't done in months.  (I'm reading IdolEyes, by Mandisa, and really enjoying her "new perspective on faith, fat and fame.")  Instead, I will spend time at the piano practicing songs for our Sunday service.  Instead, I will spend time getting caught up on putting photos and stories from this past summer in my Project Life, which is always a great exercise in counting my blessings.  Instead, I will have time to finish the weekly Thursday email to our launch team, which is very full of events and instructions coming up this weekend.  Instead of running around trying to get "everything" done, today I will be still and walk quietly through the day with my Lord.  I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment