This morning, I drove to Remington, Indiana with the girls and met Mom and Dad and Caeden for an early lunch at McDonald's. Then, the girls went home with Mom and Dad, and Caeden came back home with me.
Jeremy spent all day at the church, working hard with several other PoC launch team members. We are moving into the IBEW building this weekend, and now it's "our building" too!
Caeden and I joined the crew in the afternoon. Although I was part of the design team, knew about every detail of the design, and even helped purchase and make some of the items, when I walked in and saw it being set up, I got very choked up! The bare white room is completely transformed into a sanctuary! We aren't nearly finished yet, but it definitely looks like a church this way!
Lorrie brought the awesome sign she and Tom are making to put out by the road.
Caeden and Sammy are very excited about our new church home!
Pastor Scott worked hard to get sound and video set up for tomorrow. Much of this equipment is loaner/rental, as a lot of our items either haven't come in or we can't afford yet.
Jeremy and Tony installed the beautiful cross behind the stage tonight. (The negative space between the frames makes up the cross.) We had thought we would eventually light it from below, but God decided differently... We were all in awe to see the ceiling can light positioned just above the cross to highlight it. It's awesome how God reminds us in ways we don't expect to always keep the focus on Jesus! He is the reason we do all of this!





No comments:
Post a Comment