Friday, August 10, 2012

Sleepovers!

All three kids got to have a sleepover last night.  Annah had Ashley over to our house, Sylvia went to Eliza's and we did "the ol' switcheroo" and Owen came to stay with Caeden.  

Annah made up some interesting "Olympic" games the four kids played upstairs.  Some of the events were Potholder Loop Fling, Play-dough Sculptures, Belt Tying, Teacup Carpet Air Hockey, and  Scissor Pencil Sharpening.

I absolutely love that these girls are 11, and they asked if they could play play-dough! They also played some Trouble!
The boys played with Legos (which Caeden was very excited to see, after being without them most of the summer) until we made them go to bed just before 10pm.  The girls were watching a movie and struggling to stay awake.  They gave in and went to bed about 11.  Just before they came upstairs, I saw a light go on in Caeden's room.  When I went in, the boys were sitting up in bed, looking at a Lego magazine by flashlight!  "We can't fall asleep!" they tried to tell me.  I told them, of course they couldn't, while sitting up and reading by flashlight!  Silly boys!  

I really don't think they slept at all last night, because when Jeremy got up at 4:00am, Caeden bolted out of his room and down the stairs ahead of Jeremy!  When Jeremy made him come back upstairs, he saw Owen on his way to the bathroom.  Then we heard them talking some more.  Jeremy told them they needed to get to sleep for at least a couple more hours.  They were up and rooting through the Legos before 6:30.  

We had waffles for breakfast.

 Caeden and Owen played as much Wii Super Mario Galaxy 2 as they possibly could last night and today.

And a little Mario Kart, which they let Annah join in on after Ashley had to leave this morning.

At one point, while the boys were upstairs playing Legos this morning, I asked them how they were doing.  Caeden said, "We're having a blast!"  and Owen agreed, "Yeah, we're having the time of our lives right now!"  Such good friends. 

Owen wanted to try the ice cream ball, so the boys tried playing with it soccer-style this afternoon.


It was a little hard on the bare feet, so they switched...

Sylvia and Eliza were busy making cake pops when we went to switch the kids back.  I hear they were full of smiles and giggles and totally enjoyed their time together.  Dear, compatible girls.

Dana and I agreed that we were so glad the kids all got to have some time together, as they are moving about 45 minutes away (and out of our school district) next week.  The kids won't be in school together anymore.  I won't have Eliza and Koty for lessons anymore.  We won't see them regularly anymore.  But, we are grateful for the time we've had, and we hope we can still make time to get together and keep in touch.  We're so grateful for these friendships!

No comments:

Post a Comment