Yesterday, while the girls were at String Camp, I spent the morning at Starbucks, sipping an grande iced skinny vanilla latte and working on church stuff on my iPad. It was a productive time.
Today, I found a much cozier spot just around the corner from the school of music where the girls were at camp. This was my view at Fusion Brew, where I enjoyed a very gooey blackberry coffee cake and an awesome hot coconut bubble tea while I watched more hours of Church Community Builder training videos. It was a very comfortable, quiet spot. It's a good thing we don't live close by, because I would be there much too often. In fact, I think I'll be going back tomorrow.
Some fun pictures from string camp today...The girls say this was in orchestra rehearsal...
Sylvia (in green) in orchestra...
Musicianship class...
I love that they're getting this now...
Maybe it won't feel so much like torture if they study music in college...
I love that they're getting this now...
Maybe it won't feel so much like torture if they study music in college...
Annah's quintet rehearsing
Sylvia in Musicianship class
After camp, the girls and I chose to eat lunch at Monical's pizza, mmm! Then we stopped at Walmart to try to finish shopping for school supplies. We were in the pen and pencil aisle, and I'm sure I was looking frazzled, trying to look over 3 lists at once and trying to figure out what we needed from that aisle. A lady I'd never seen came up to me. She said, "I know how expensive school supplies can be, and if it's okay with you, I would like to give you a small donation towards your kids'."
Of course, I was touched, and told her she was very sweet, but that I'm sure there are many families that need it more than mine. She said that her kids are grown, so she doesn't need to buy them school supplies anymore, but she would like to help us out, and she put a $10 bill in my hand. Isn't that the sweetest thing you've heard in a while?! I told her that she blessed our day and thanked her a few times. When she went around the corner, my heart was so blessed, I started to tear up, and we thanked the Lord for sending that sweet lady to us in the school supply aisle at Walmart!
We worked on painting decorative frames at the church tonight. We were going to be cutting fabric, but when we layed it out we discovered they hadn't sent us the amount we ordered. It was pretty frustrating, because it means we won't be able to have our foyer display finished for this Sunday. But, in the grand scheme of things, the stuff we won't have really does not matter. We have Jesus and so much more. That's all it takes to have church!
My sweet little boy talked with me me on the phone 3 times today. Mom said he is missing all of us, but apparently is really missing his mommy. Awe! I'm actually kind of surprised he misses me that much! He's told me numerous times on the phone in the past 24 hours that he really misses me. Melts my heart. I have tried not to be too sappy back with him on the phone, because I don't want my mom to have a breakdown on her hands. And, I know he's having a great time with his Gram and Krampa. When he called me tonight and I asked him waht he was doing, he said, "Sitting here, eating Ritz Bitz, watching TV, enjoying my time with my grandparents, and missing you." I miss him too. But I'm glad he's getting to have fun and get away all week. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for taking care of our little guy all week!







No comments:
Post a Comment