Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Red Oak

Ahhh, I LOVE having my husband off work this week!  
This morning, Jeremy worked on getting the new washer and dryer hooked up.  

I spent a little time sewing (I know, so unlike me!) on the stage skirting for church.  I'm almost done.  I like sewing, but I am definitely not good at it (because I so rarely do it).  So, if I get this completed, I will be very glad if it looks nice!

Jeremy needed a couple plumbing elbows to get the washer competely hooked up, so we headed over to ACE Hardware in LeRoy.  The sky was looking quite ominous!

Fortunately, ACE didn't have what he needed, so we had to go into Bloomington--and right at lunchtime.  Jeremy took me to a tiny little restaurant downtown that he'd been to for a coworker's going-away a few weeks ago--The Red Oak.  I was immediately in love with this place.

Ah, man!  He does this every time I point a camera at him!!!!

Haha, isn't he funny?!


The Red Oak serves "old fashioned comfort food."  
I had a frikadeller!  I would have loved anything on the menu, but frikadeller is just fun to say!  And it's very unique!  
Here's the menu description: 

A Frikadeller is a Hot SMÖRGÅS Sandwich of Scandinavian meatloaf topped with  dill sauce, mayo-mustard, pickled beets and cucumber.  I liked it!
We also had to have pie, according to Jeremy.  I order the sour cream apple, which was served warm and was very yummy.  Jeremy had the quad berry, which was absolutely amazing.  
It is the cutest little place...



It started raining as we arrived, and by the time we left it was a heavy downpour with lightning.  We stood outside and enjoyed watching the rain and admired the art and architecture of this section of downtown Bloomington before we finally made a break for the car. 

We stopped at Lowe's on the way out of town and Jeremy picked up the supplies he needed.  Then we went home and took naps until the kids came home...Rainy days are perfect for that, and we haven't had one in a long while!


No comments:

Post a Comment