Tuesday, August 21, 2012

More Moving

When I was a kid, I never had a friend move away--at least not a super close friend, that I can remember.  My kids have had so many friends move away!  I feel unprepared to help them with this, but we are learning as we go.

Our friends, The "G" Family, are moving about 40+ minutes away.  Now, clearly, that's not horribly far, but it means a different school district.  It means I lose two of my precious students.  It means Caeden's best Super Mario Galaxy buddy will not be close at hand.  It means Sylvia's closest school friend won't be at her school.  

*siiiiiighhhhhhh*

Eliza and Koty came for their lessons tonight, and towards the beginning told me it would be their last.  I sat through Eliza's lesson trying not to cry, and then when her mom came between the girls' lessons I told her that and did start crying!  I felt awful.  

Their move will make things better for their family in many ways, and I'm so happy for them.  I've just become rather attached, and am so sad I won't get to be a part of enjoying their lives every week.  I have SO loved teaching the girls, and seeing the relationships my kids and these kids have had.  We will miss them dearly.  Fortunately, they have grandparents down the street from us, so we know they'll be around sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment