Today was our "last day of summer," as the kids go back to school tomorrow! We spent the day at home, trying to rest up. I taught lessons this morning and afternoon, and Jeremy and the kids played some Wii. The girls cleaned out their overflowing closet, because I told them I am going to the resale shop next week and will take half of their stuff if they didn't choose some things to get rid of.
The school did something different this year, and we thought it was a great idea...Instead of having an open house a few days after the start of school, the elementary had Meet Your Teacher Night from 6-7pm tonight. We got to take all the kids' bags and bags of school supplies, and they didn't have to carry them on the bus. They got to see their classrooms, meet their teachers, find their desks and lockers and see all the things that had changed over the summer--with parents along to help. It was such a lovely evening, and I'm sure, will make for a much easier, less nerve-wracking first day back tomorrow!
We went first to Caeden's 2nd grade classroom, and met his lovely teacher, Miss Johnson. We're excited for him to be in her class!
Sylvia's 4th grade teacher is Mrs. Meyer, whom Annah also had for 4th grade. Sylvia's grade is larger than others in the school, and they've had 3 classrooms until this year. She has 25 kids in her class, but is excited that some of her closest friends are among them--like her friend Ella!
4th graders have combination lockers at our school, which Sylvia has admitted a few times she is nervous about. She was able to open her locker a few times tonight, so is feeling much better about that!
Now, this is the photo that made me cry tonight when I came home and loaded them to the computer...
Addie helped Annah get her locker all set up for junior high, and it looks pretty cute with her pink locker shelves and pencil holders, I must say. But when I stopped for a moment and looked at our sweet little girl all ready to go off to SIXTH GRADE, it shook me for a minute. People say it constantly, but it is still truly shocking how fast time races by and children grow. I'm so thankful Annah is growing beautifully, and most of all, that she is doing all her growing along with Jesus. The thought of the social part of junior high is what scares me most, but I am actually excited to see her grow this year. She has her head on straight. We are praying diligently for her protection, pushing gently for her to always do her very best, and trusting she will continue to grow and be a shining light in her school and relationships.
Actually, we hope and pray those same things for all the kids. They are such blessings, and we do love every part of getting through this life together and trying to grow through whatever comes our way. Praise God!




No comments:
Post a Comment