I received this awesome photo in a text from my mom this morning...Caeden driving the tractor with his Krampa! I love it!
This evening, Jeremy and the girls and I were at a park watching some of our friends perform in The Little Mermaid, when my mom tried to call me. I texted her that we were at a musical, and she responded that Caeden had wanted to talk to me and was near tears when I couldn't talk. I texted that I would call him on our way home after the play.
The kids in the play were Savanna and Sierra (who were lovely mermaids), and Adam (King Triton) and Jillian (Ariel) and Samuel (a fish!).
The amphitheater where they performed was really very nice, and we had never been there. The kids looked like they were having a lot of fun performing, and The Little Mermaid is always a fun story.
When I called him back on the way home, Caeden said he missed me. I tried to keep things light, while at the same time assuring him that I miss him too, so he wouldn't get too upset and cry. He told me lots of details about his day...How he went fishing with Krampa this morning and learned how to bait the hook himself--even though it took a couple finger pokes...How he got to drive the big tractor and pick up sticks with it, and that it wasn't anything like Mario Kart...How he went swimming...How he got to watch a new episode of LEGO Ninjago and how awesome it was...
Then my phone died and I had to wait for it to recharge a few minutes before I could call him back. He told me again that he missed me. We were still driving home, and I happened to notice that the moon was full and very bright. I told Caeden to ask Gram which window he could see the moon out, and she took him outside to see it. I told him that even though we miss each other and are 200 miles apart, we were looking at the very same moon, hoping he would be happily comforted by that thought. He did think it was pretty cool.
We talked for a bit about how neat it was that he was getting to spend a whole week with Gram and Krampa by himself, and that he was making special memories that he would remember his whole life. He agreed, and said he was so glad he got to go. Then he said, "Mom, the reason I called and wanted to talk to you was because I miss you so much." He was very serious, and I told him again how much I miss him too and reminded him to have fun and I will see him soon. Sweet little guy! It is the longest he's been away from home. So glad he could have this week with his grandparents!




No comments:
Post a Comment