This week, the girls are attending Illinois State University String Project Camp. I'll drop them off every morning at 8:15 and pick them up at noon.
They are each part of a quintet, a musicianship class, an orchestra, and private lessons. The director of the String Project is posting photos on their Facebook page this week, so we get to be a little "fly on the wall"--at least in the visual sense! Friday, at the end of camp there will be a concert.
Sylvia's quintet
the advanced orchestra --(Annah is in the pink.)
As we continue to get ready to move PoC into the IBEW building for our worship service on Sunday, we are meeting every night this week to do the physical work of design elements.
Tonight, we met at Tony's and Lynn's house, where Tony and Tom were finishing up gluing the beautiful carpet to the stage platforms. I can't wait to see the stage set up; it's really going to be very nice looking, I think!
Some of us went from there to the IBEW (which, I have decided, I am now going to call the church, since it is official now!) and worked on painting. Last week, design team members built many large stretch canvases and applied gesso to the surface of each. Tonight, we started painting them with the bold color palette we'd chosen.
I think these colors look gorgeous together!
It's a lot of planning and work, but we are having a great time
and praising the Lord through the process!






No comments:
Post a Comment