One of the teams I'm part of on our church launch team is the design team. I'm not even close to having any knowledge about design, but I'm enjoying learning.
Last night and today Kim and Jessica and I made actual shopping lists and started purchasing items to make the building we'll be using look like a church. We share the building of a local electrical workers union, so everything has to be very portable, as we will setup and teardown each weekend for services. And, of course, we're trying to do everything as cost-effectively as possible. It is a challenge, but God has been providing in even these very details!
We spent 3 1/2 hours at Menards today. But, we actually bought a lot of things!
See? We had three of the big carts full and one regular cart too!
When we went to unload our purchases for temporary storing in Kim's garage, we checked the mail and found the fabric samples we'd expected to receive. We giggled and got goosebumps on this 98-degree day and thanked Jesus right there the driveway as the fabric samples matched our paint samples perfectly, and the rugs we bought today as well! It may sound ridiculous, silly, or trivial to some people, but we know our God cares enough about every detail of our lives and about building his church to set all these little things up so perfectly. Praise His name!



No comments:
Post a Comment