Friday, July 20, 2012

Must pray

Goodness, I don't know what else to do today, besides PRAY!

First thing this morning, I read an email from Jeremy, who found out when he got to work this morning that a former employee of his found her husband [unexpectedly] dead at home last night.

Then, I saw people posting on Facebook about "the tragedy in Colorado," and go to Yahoo! News to read about the midnight mass shooting at a movie theater.

Then just after noon, my pastor texts me and asks me to send an email out to our church plant launch team to let them know the mother of one of our dear members was taken off a ventilator and passed away.

Then he texted me again to say that another launch team member was in labor, but he hadn't heard anything since this morning.

Meanwhile, I see a few local friends posting photos and links to a local news article about a car accident (involving alcohol) where two cars collided and one flipped upside down and into a house before landing in the yard of that house and another.

Also, we continue to pray fervently for Baby Matthew, whose doctors predict he has only days left of his earthly life.

So much sadness, pain, unexpectedness.  So many life-changing events in one day.  Prayer is the only answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment