I am really emotional today. Jeremy brought in the mail this morning, and there was a box addressed to me. I opened it and found these Disney World scented candles that Dawn sent us to remind us of the wonderful memories of our vacation there together! I bawled.
All ready to try a Zoom piano lesson with Carly...
It did not go so well...No fault of hers, but there was trouble getting a good connection and it wasn't really video. And the audio was awful...when she played a song with the pedal it sounded staccato. Next week we will try a different platform. It was really wonderful to see her, for sure! It just proved that live video is not an option for all 16 of my students. :(
Jeremy did the grocery run today. He also got carry out from Moe's--our first food pickup since the stay-at-home order. I forgot to order queso though, so that was a big bummer.
Snaps
Took a walk with Sylv and Caed this afternoon. These buds on this tree are such an awesome color!!!
Sylvia wore her crafty jeans and we took some pics on the stairs of the church.
I wanted to get a picture to replicate this one...
Tried to get a pictuer of Sylvia, but someone else wanted in too...
Walking home
Sylvia spent some time skating.
I used the sidewalk chalk.
This afternoon, Sylvia put in the Barbie Island Princess dvd singalong version, and she and Caeden sang along. Too funny.
Ridgeview's production of Guys and Dolls was supposed to open tonight. Sylvia has dreamed of playing the part of Adelaide since she was a little girl and first saw the movie. She choreographed the entire show and had taught all the dances to the cast. She had chosen costumes from the closet at school, from Amazon, and had gone to the theatre warehouse with Mr. M. She had spent countless hours listening to and practicing the music. So had the whole cast. When Mr. M realized he had no other choice but to cancel the show, he called me and asked to tell Sylvia personally. She and everyone knew it was coming, but it was really kind of him to let her know himself. He said he will for sure do Guys and Dolls for the musical next year, but he will have to re-audition and re-cast it. Sylvia cried. Caeden was disappointed, but knows he should have more opportunities through his high school career.
This evening, even though she hadn't practiced in 3 weeks, Sylvia put on a dress and lipstick and sang through Adelaide's Lament in her bedroom. I was glad to be her audience, and I cried. I hope someday she will get the chance to play Adelaide.
No comments:
Post a Comment