I emailed all my piano and voice students this week, and have loved hearing back from them how they are using their music and what they are doing during this difficulty. One dad responded that he is playing music from different eras and genres for his kids each night! So cool--a little "music history class" in their kitchen and they probably don't even realize they're learning! That same dad said to me "I think this was God's way of reminding everyone what is truly important in this world." Yep, I think he's right.
Another person said to me, "God has a plan in everything, and I pray we can use this time of a slower pace of life to really evaluate where we are in life and how we are using our time in service to Him!" Ohh yes, and did I need to hear that!!!
During this past week I have been able to connect/reconnect with friends I haven't made time for in a while. One morning my friend Kim called me after she sent me and Jeremy a text to check in and I told her I was having a rough morning. We talked for probably 45 minutes, and I bet we haven't talked on the phone in years! She was such a comfort to me!
One day, Pastor Todd issued a Facebook challenge to our church to reach out to 10 people, and I did that. I delivered a couple of the bags I crocheted last week to friends and was able to visit--from 6 feet away--with Jenna and Will (and Martin) for a while. They are such cheerful people, and Jesus' light just shines out of them...such a refreshing joy to just talk with them for a little bit!
I also texted dear friends that are far away that I haven't caught up with in too long, and had sweet conversations with Lori and Cora. Ohhh, that does a heart good!
Friday evening I received a really difficult message from a friend and I have been extremely upset and emotional about it all weekend. I decided to fast my phone for the weekend, and it has helped not to have it in my hand as much as usual.
Saturday morning, the girls and I started an online women's small group with several women from church. We will be studying this book, and I am really excited about it!
For the first couple weeks, we are just chatting and praying together, since we need time for our books to arrive. It was so wonderful to see the faces of some of our closest sisters in Christ on the zoom meeting yesterday, and to hear about what the past weeks have been like for them, and to pray for one another and feel encouraged! Every person is experiencing the situation differently, but we can all appreciate and support one another through it. Such peace and comfort in that! I am so grateful to have the time to be part of this group and study, as it occurs during a time when I would usually be teaching and unable to participate. Thank you for that, God!
We have loved our PoC online worship service each Sunday morning. Sundays have been crazy busy for us for the past I-don't-know-how-many years! It is so refreshing to get up and come to the living room and worship at home, then have lunch and spend the day relaxing together. A beautiful sabbath, really. I know it is still a lot of work for those on the church staff, the worship team that is rehearsing and playing, and especially the technical staff. They are doing a great job, and it is so meaningful and wonderful for our congregation.
Annah recorded this for her recital at school. We've all enjoyed hearing her learn this very difficult piece these past few weeks!
Today was a gorgeous day here, and we all got at least a little time in the sunshine. Jeremy spent a lot of yesterday outside removing a stump in the yard, and starting to fashion a fire pit in the corner of our yard at Annah's request. Today, he and Sylvia threw a little nerf football back and forth for quite a while, and Sylvia spent time skateboarding, of course. Sometimes it would be nice to have a bigger yard, but I am thankful for the little spot we have.
Annah stood on Sylvia's skateboard and has pretty good balance. I got on for about 7 seconds and found it pretty scary, haha.
This evening, I noticed these flowers by the garage looked so pretty in the sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment