Annah played in her teacher Sharon Chung's studio recital today at Presser Hall at IWU. Sharon had all of her students line up to make sure their violins were well-tuned before the recital.
As Annah was waiting in line, I looked over the recital program and noticed she was performing at the end. A wave of emotion washed over me, as I realized she was the "big kid" now--not the little one playing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. She caught me crying as she came back down off the stage. I just don't know how it happened so quickly.
(She was just this kid...!!!)
Annah had a lovely performance. It took some convincing to get her to play on the recital today, as she has had SO much going on lately, and exams are this coming week. She said preparing for a recital is stressful, but once her teacher told her she could play the same piece she played for solo/ensemble contest, she decided to do it. I am so glad she played!!! She said she was too, and that she had fun! She amazes me.
Sharon and all her students who played today
Sharon is a wonderful teacher, and Annah really enjoys her lessons with her.
Though I sure don't play perfectly, or even all that well sometimes, I'm so grateful Annah still wants me to accompany her. I'm incredibly thankful for the blessing of making music together.
No comments:
Post a Comment