Sunday, May 13, 2018

Beautiful Day

Jeremy and I celebrated 18 years of marriage today!  I don't know how we here so quickly, but I am so thankful we get to grow old together.  Life is so overwhelming--both with good and bitter, and I thank God for the man He gave me to go through all of it together with. 

It was also Mother's Day!  I am so thankful to have a wonderful mom! She is my favorite person to call on the phone just to chat. She has taught me and given me so much throughout my life, and I love her bunches!

We had a beautiful day today!  The weather was sunny and clear.  Jeremy cleaned the grill and made some amazing ribeyes for lunch.  I took Annah to her violin lesson, and just enjoyed the view while I waited in the car for her.  


I love being a mom.  The kids each gave me beautiful cards today, and made me cry, of course.  I think parenting teenagers is the hardest thing I've done so far in my life.  And I have super wonderful, respectful, hard working, smart, kind teenagers!  I recognize that they make it pretty easy for me! It's still hard!  Helping them learn to deal with others and navigate relationships and make wise decisions is not easy.  We are all learning together.  
And the most important thing that I've learned is that we can't do anything at all without the love of Jesus.  I hope if I've done one thing at least partially right in my job as a mom it's teach them that.

No comments:

Post a Comment