Jeremy's Uncle Paul passed away in his sleep this week. We attended his funeral today, and it was a beautiful remembrance of his life. I will always remember how funny Paul was, and how he would eat gravy on his peach pie at Thanksgiving dinner. During the service today, I really enjoyed the story of how Paul proposed to Nancy with a 3-carrot ring--literally, he stuck 3 carrots to the bottom of a box in the shape of a ring and asked her to marry him, promising a real ring later. So cute!
Jeremy arrived this morning at my parents' house. He brought Caeden's new glasses. Caed is pretty excited about having transition lenses!
Cousins Simon and Caeden at the funeral dinner
Grandpa reminded us that Paul always said, "Life is short; eat dessert first!"
and he got the dessert line going while the meal was served.
and he got the dessert line going while the meal was served.
The boys are always super excited to see their Uncle Jeremy. He even got a hug from Tony.
Charlie and Andrew thumb wrestling
3 generations of Lopshire men
Later in the afternoon, I thought it was so sweet when Grayson wanted to read on his own, and Tessa wanted to read to Bryce. They are all good readers!
Jeremy took the girls to Fort Wayne to find Annah a swimsuit. As we were getting ready to go to the 'Busco park to watch Grayson's and Bryce's baseball game, Annah asked if I would bring her sunglasses. I sent her this as a reply...
I bet she was a little bit sorry she asked.
I bet she was a little bit sorry she asked.
Travis is coaching the boys' baseball team.
He is so wonderful with the kids.
Bryce on base
When Uncle Jeremy got there, Tessa ran to give him a big hug!
Spectators
Good game! Good game!
Snack time, yeah!
Tessa and Caeden making bridges
Everybody said goodbye to Uncle Jeremy before bedtime, since he would be going back home early in the morning.
Big hugs from Bryce
No comments:
Post a Comment