Tuesday, November 29, 2016

High School Winter Concert

The high school concert tonight was wonderful!

The choir sang first.


Annah did a beautiful job with the violin solo on one of my favorite songs...
VIDEO: Danny Boy

I love this piece.
VIDEO: I Am Not Yours

It had been a year since the Vocal Jazz Ensemble performed at school, and it is a very different group now.  They've been practicing 2-4 times a week before school.  You have to really love singing to do it at 7:40 in the morning, but it shows.  This group really knocked the audience's socks off tonight!



VIDEO: Their first song was Embraceable You.



VIDEO: I'll Be There

Annah is singing alto in this group this year, and really enjoyed getting to sing all the suspensions in these pieces.  

VIDEO: Voice Dance is an incredibly difficult piece, but it was so fun for them to work on and perform, and fun to watch/hear them conquer it!

Very, very proud of these young singers!!!

Although their marching band season ended only about 4 weeks ago, the HS concert band performed 5 great pieces tonight.


VIDEO: Our Director


VIDEO: Nettleton





VIDEO: Fum, Fum, Fum!



VIDEO: I only recorded the last couple minutes of Sleigh Ride, because I wanted to catch Addie happily playing the whipcrack, and Jalen playing the horse whinny with a horse mask on.


VIDEO: This is the first time the band played an encore, and the audience loved it.  It is the theme from Game of Thrones.  Annah plays a clarinet solo at the very end.
It was a great concert for all the ensembles!

Addie played the school alma mater for the choir, and wanted a picture with me after the concert.  I don't know what I will do when she graduates in the spring.

I love sharing these concerts with my kiddos!


SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment