Thursday, May 21, 2015

Celebrating Nola

Today we mourned and celebrated the life and homogenize of our dear friend Nola. She has been a friend since I first sat next to her--she at the organ and I at the piano--at Bloomington 1st Church of the Nazarene almost 14 years ago.  She was a tremendous musician with a beautiful alto voice and the sweetest heart.  It was an honor to play piano for her service today.  It is hard to fathom the joy she has in heaven today, but I'm thankful to have known her and especially thankful that she is not in pain or suffering anymore.  

Pastor Todd had these magnets made up for everyone who attended Nola's funeral service today.  Her license plate always read "IL B FYN," which was both her way of sometimes keeping people at a little bit of a distance, but moreso her way of acknowledging that everything is going to be alright in Christ.  She will be fine.  She is more than fine now.

I am so grateful to have known Nola, to have had a bit of her friendship, to have shared the honor of making music with her, and to have been the very blessed and frequent recipient of her prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment