It's Art Show time!!! I really look forward to the end-of-the-year Art Show all year as the kids tell me about the projects they're working on. It's so neat to see all the art on display and realize how much they've learned!
Caeden's clay coil pot...He said it had a lot more coils originally, but somehow got dropped and they other coils couldn't be reattached. I think it still looks cool. Love the colors and the awesome glaze!
When the kids draw their shoe, they are using marker and are not to pick it up from the paper the entire time they're drawing. Sounds incredibly hard to me!
Annah received a 3rd place award for her Pen and Ink Shaded Animal project.
Sylvia received a 4th place award for her Charcoal Shaded Sphere project. She learned about Chiaroscuro, value and light, and experimenting with different papers.
(I don't remember all of their awards. A few of them I snapped a picture of the award, but most of them I didn't and I forget what they got!)
Annah's ice cream cone project...
1st place award for Sylvia for her Picasso-style mixed media collage of herself playing cello!
2nd place award for Sylvia on her oil pastel shading tool project in the style of Jim Dine.
Sylvia's 4th place Frank Stella sculpture--abstract design, painting, pattern and texture, collage
Sylvia -- 1st place -- Listening for and creating mood through music and painting --in the style of Wassily Kandinsky
The girls were involved with Art Club this year, which meets once a month after school for a couple hours. They loved it!!! These lanterns were one of their art club projects.
Annah pointed out her styrofoam sculpture on display in the art room.
Sylvia's clay chocolates on display in the art room...
Another art club project--painted cherry trees
Our AWESOME art teachers!!!!!
Sylvia's stained glass tissue paper mandala -- 1st place
Annah's abstract clay clock
Caeden's guitar
And his guitar pick...(in the middle)














No comments:
Post a Comment