Monday, January 9, 2012

Sharing the Moments and Memories

We live over 200 miles from both sets of the kids' grandparents.  That is one of the main reasons I keep this blog, but one set of grandparents doesn't have a computer or Internet.  So, I made a 2011 year-in-review mini album for them to have a little peek at some of the special and everyday moments we had last year.  

I really enjoyed doing this project, and I hope they will enjoy looking through it.  It only took me a few days to put together, because I had kept up with my photo organizing over the year, and I used stories right off the blog to print out.

Although I have done well with blogging and keeping photos organized and printed each month, I have not done much scrapbooking the past couple years--maybe 20 pages each year.  Doing this little project made me think about the ways I keep our photos and stories.  Maybe planning layouts for every special event or photo is not the best way for me, since I take SO MANY photos!

Then, the other day, I saw a post about Project Life pop up on Facebook, and I have been looking into it more seriously than ever.  I am now really intrigued about an easy, already organized kit that can be as simple or creative as I want it to be!  I'm very much thinking I will finally try it out!  Now, I just need to decide if I will start with this year, or go back and complete it with previous years' photos and incorporated the pages into my scrapbook albums...


No comments:

Post a Comment