Friday, January 20, 2012

Random New Stuff

So, I think this post will be pretty random.  It's okay, right?  

My hubby bought me new boots last weekend.  I admire the ladies that can wear the tall boots up to or past their knees, but I am too short and fat for that.  But, I finally found some that were taller than the short boots!  These mid-calf boots were on sale at Macy's.  (I normally don't even like to go in there, but Jeremy made me.  And he was right.)  They are pretty comfy too, actually, and don't make my entire body hurt from wearing them!  Yay!


I got a new mirror to put in the music room where I teach!  I like for my students to be able to watch themselves so we can correct certain postures and things when they sing.  It's a cheapy mirror I got on Amazon, but it looks much nicer and is much more functional than the unmounted flat wall-mount mirror I've had since my parents bought it for me from K-Mart the day I moved into my college freshman dorm! ;)  (No offense to my parents or K-Mart!)  

Oh, you can also see the nifty wall clock (behind my head) that I bought myself in November 50% off for $25 at Hobby Lobby.  It doesn't really even look like a clock, which is a plus.  And, it matches the chandelier and curtain rods and holdbacks.  It's been really nice to have right over the piano, and helps me stay on time with each lesson better.




 I took all these pictures trying to get a decent one of the purple poncho I'm wearing.  I made it for myself, which is new!  It's new that I crocheted for myself, and new that I tried making a poncho.  
Michaels had tons of this great chunky yarn on sale after the holidays.  It was $2.50 a skein, and it took me 4 1/2 skeins to make the poncho...much cheaper than I could have bought one in a store!  And, this pattern was free and so easy I even got a little bored making it.  But, I like wearing it!  It's so warm and cozy!  It's kinda like a homemade Snuggie.  Haha...okay, don't make fun!

I was thinking about taking a closer up photo of my hair to show my new haircut, but it's kind of a bad hair day.  So that will have to wait.

End randomness here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment