Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Retro-Cool

I was using my old PWP3 word processor today to type on small cards.  The kids each came into the den at different times and asked, "Ooh, what is that!?"  They thought it was some kind of cool new piece of technology until I explained that my parents bought it when I was in junior high or high school.  (In their eyes, apparently that is "the olden days!")  Still, they all thought it was "SO cool!!"

Annah wanted me to show her how a typewriter works, so I did.  (I didn't bother showing her how the word processing part of it works, beyond verbally explaining.)  

She still thought it was really cool, and amazing how the ribbon and correcting ribbon work.  She wanted to try typing, and did a few random sentences.  She still thought it was pretty cool, except that you can't change the font. 

2 comments:

Carol Foor Watson said...

When I worked at Olivet, I took the typewriter that Marci/Matt had used --- to have for small items, like labels. Would you believed the students were fascinated with it! You would have thought it was from the FIRST CENTURY! -HA

Travis said...

The PWP3!!!!! Oh yeah baby.

Post a Comment