Friday, January 27, 2012

Project Life and why it is perfect for me

I'm all excited about memory keeping again, thanks to Project Life!  I've kind of run the gamut with pictures and recording moments and memories, as far as doing it creatively versus just getting them down in the books.  
I love taking pictures.  Sometimes I like to do it just for the artsy-ness off it, and get excited about a really nicely composed shot.  Sometimes I am excited about a blurry picture that looks terrible but is the only one I have that captures a special moment.  
I do like to do crafts.  Scrapbooking is really fun and rewarding for me.  But, trying to scrapbook the 100 pictures (on average) I print each month would just be frustrating because I would never feel close to keeping up.  
It's all about balance.  (I am still figuring this out in life, so please stand by while I have this epiphany.)

I do pretty well with keeping my photos organized and archived.  Each month I save them all to DVD and upload and print my favorites.  I blog regularly, so stories are saved to go along with photos too.  

But, I believe there should be a place for printed photos to go along with memorabilia and stories too.  That is the part that has become overwhelming for me as our lives get fuller.  A few weeks ago, I really started to pay attention to the thought of doing Project Life.  I've known about it, but never thought it was right for me until now.  Now, I am so excited and on a roll with it!  I purchased a few supplies and in the past few days I have put over 4 months of 2011 photos, stories, and memories in a great album the kids are excited to look through!

I'm still a messy crafter...


But, I'm loving the format and the process!


Thank you, Becky Higgins!

No comments:

Post a Comment