Saturday, December 11, 2010

School Days

For the past couple months, I've been volunteering at the school all day on Tuesdays.  In the afternoons, I help with the junior high and high school choirs.  (I started that in February.)  But, I thought I would see if any of my kids teachers needed help in their classrooms, and just make it an entire day at the school each week.

So, now I help in Sylvia's 2nd grade classroom first thing in the morning, then I make copies or work on bulletin boards, or whatever the kindergarten teachers have for me to do.  Then, I get to eat lunch with Caeden and Sylvia before going to help in the music department.  It's been great fun each Tuesday!

Sylvia's class has been learning about their bodies in science class!
Their teacher, Miss Sands, had me take each student out in the hall one day, and trace around each of them.  Then they worked very hard to color and cut out their internal organs, leg muscles and bones, brain, and faces and put them on in the right places.  Then they cut out their bodies.
When I visited this week, I got to hang them all up in the hallway outside their classroom.
Here is Sylvia next to her body...

They look really neat in the hallway, and all the students who ride buses walk past them each day and admire the 2nd graders' hard work.



Caeden's class made elves of themselves!  Aren't they about the cutest things you've ever seen?!
(Caeden's is 4th from the left.)


Usually when I am at school on Tuesdays, I don't have a chance to see Annah at all.  
But this week (Wednesday) was the special holiday meat for 3rd through 5th grade, and parents are always invited to join their students.  I was so glad I could go!


Annah's sweet friends Michaela and Alexis sat with us for lunch.



Sylvia had a cool homework assignment this week to make an animal habitat inside a shoebox.  She was very, very excited about making her ocean habitat, and really enjoyed the process!




I love being able to be part of my kids' school life.  It is a great community!

No comments:

Post a Comment