Back in September, my friend Lisa started a Children's Choir program at our church! To be honest, we already have a lot of music in our lives, and I wasn't sure the kids needed another activity on the schedule. But, Lisa asked me to be the accompanist, and I couldn't refuse. I love working with her, and knew the kids would love it too! And, we only rehearsed half an hour a week, so it really wasn't much to add in. I'm so glad we did. The kids have enjoyed every moment of it, and have learned so much!
This evening, we had our final rehearsal before the program this coming Sunday morning. We have had 24 kids singing, 6 great teen helpers, and some wonderful moments!
They are singing 3 songs, and there is a bit of narration to go along with them to help the audience "Remember the Story." Tonight they did a craft project to help them understand and remember what they are singing about, and pass it on to others.
The quill pen is to remind us that Jesus wants to write His name on our hearts.
The key symbolizes the locked doors of Bethlehem and reminds us to unlock the door of our heart so Jesus can come in.
The candy cane/shepherd's crook reminds us that Jesus wants us to allow Him to bring us home.
They enjoyed decorating the cross shaped boxes.






No comments:
Post a Comment