How do you like our new banner? I LOVE it! The very talented Kristine made it for me! She is awesome!! Thank you so much Kristine!!
Speaking of Kristine, I should report that I am so happy she has chosen me to be the new Blog Coordinator at her fantastic site, Creative Scrappers! I get to update the blog each week with the Design Team reveal, Guest Designer info, and other fun stuff that's going on around the community! Fun for me! I'm honored to be a part of such an inspirational, fun online scrapbooking community!
What's new around here to report on...?? Well, first off, I am in shock about how fast summer has gone by! The girls start school in 10 days! That means in 10 days my heart will, once again, be ripped right out of my chest as I have to watch Sylvia get on the school bus and go off to kindergarten. I am dealing with that by just not dealing with it. Can't even. And that's that.
We've made a couple trips to State Farm park in the past week. LOVE that place. But, I will not take my camera there. Our little Cybershot doesn't operate anymore, so no SF Park pics. Sorry! But, we have tons of fun there. It's like Disney to the kids! That makes Mommy & Daddy very happy too!
Friday, Jeremy decided last minute to make the trip to Indiana to see some of his family coming in from Arizona and Georgia. He took Sylvie along! They packed lots of adventures in to the quick trip! They went swimming, fishing, to the family gathering, Sylvia had a date with Gram & Grandpa to the Magic Wand, and they got back home Sunday evening. She loved her trip with Daddy.
We have done most of our school supply shopping now. The girls have all their supplies, except for their good every-day gym shoes, which will wait a while. Annah will also start with her old P.E. shoes from last year until we get her foot measured. I figure they're going to want to wear their summer shoes for a while to school anyway. Sylvie is now saying, "I can't wait for these next 2 weeks to be over, so I can go to school!" I have their school supplies sitting out in the living room right now, so she is looking at them, itching to go to school and use them all!
Last week, we had Ashley overnight for 2 nights. She and Annah are just so "BFF!" We only had a little bit of drama and hurt feelings for a few minutes the second night. Then I realized they were just toooooo exhausted, got them calmed down, and put them to bed! It was fun to have her here. Annah is just in pure joy when they're together.

Yesterday, we spent all afternoon at a sprinkler park with Ash and her brother Jacob and their mom, my friend Carlene. Although I was a bad mommy and didn't put any sunscreen on any of us (I know!!! Shame, shame!!!!) and we all got a little pink, we had SO much fun!! Didn't take my camera there either...I'm finding there is a downside to having an expensive camera...There are places I don't want to take it, because I'm afraid it will get damaged. And, then I miss out on great photo ops.
The girls love to craft and scrapbook when they can. The recently did these pages using photos from their scavenger hunt earlier this summer, as well as some of my paper scraps. They chose their papers, and I helped them punch out the squares. The rest the did themselves. Well, Daddy helped Sylvia with her journaling! They are now in our big scrapbook for 2008!
Here is Annah's page:
Her journaling says, "At church in KidMo we did a scavenger hunt. Two of the pictures was: Me by the sandbox and me in a flower garden."

And Sylvia's page:
Her journaling says,"This is Sylvia on her scavenger hunt. 'I am sitting by the sandbox.' 'I am still on my scavenger hunt and I am sitting by a flower bed.'"

I feel like I haven't made the most of this summer and done all the fun things you're "supposed" to do in the summer, like go to the zoo, and take a big vacation, but we have had a lot of fun and a lot of relaxing time. We have a lot to do in the next 10 days!
Speaking of Kristine, I should report that I am so happy she has chosen me to be the new Blog Coordinator at her fantastic site, Creative Scrappers! I get to update the blog each week with the Design Team reveal, Guest Designer info, and other fun stuff that's going on around the community! Fun for me! I'm honored to be a part of such an inspirational, fun online scrapbooking community!
What's new around here to report on...?? Well, first off, I am in shock about how fast summer has gone by! The girls start school in 10 days! That means in 10 days my heart will, once again, be ripped right out of my chest as I have to watch Sylvia get on the school bus and go off to kindergarten. I am dealing with that by just not dealing with it. Can't even. And that's that.
We've made a couple trips to State Farm park in the past week. LOVE that place. But, I will not take my camera there. Our little Cybershot doesn't operate anymore, so no SF Park pics. Sorry! But, we have tons of fun there. It's like Disney to the kids! That makes Mommy & Daddy very happy too!
Friday, Jeremy decided last minute to make the trip to Indiana to see some of his family coming in from Arizona and Georgia. He took Sylvie along! They packed lots of adventures in to the quick trip! They went swimming, fishing, to the family gathering, Sylvia had a date with Gram & Grandpa to the Magic Wand, and they got back home Sunday evening. She loved her trip with Daddy.
We have done most of our school supply shopping now. The girls have all their supplies, except for their good every-day gym shoes, which will wait a while. Annah will also start with her old P.E. shoes from last year until we get her foot measured. I figure they're going to want to wear their summer shoes for a while to school anyway. Sylvie is now saying, "I can't wait for these next 2 weeks to be over, so I can go to school!" I have their school supplies sitting out in the living room right now, so she is looking at them, itching to go to school and use them all!
Last week, we had Ashley overnight for 2 nights. She and Annah are just so "BFF!" We only had a little bit of drama and hurt feelings for a few minutes the second night. Then I realized they were just toooooo exhausted, got them calmed down, and put them to bed! It was fun to have her here. Annah is just in pure joy when they're together.

Yesterday, we spent all afternoon at a sprinkler park with Ash and her brother Jacob and their mom, my friend Carlene. Although I was a bad mommy and didn't put any sunscreen on any of us (I know!!! Shame, shame!!!!) and we all got a little pink, we had SO much fun!! Didn't take my camera there either...I'm finding there is a downside to having an expensive camera...There are places I don't want to take it, because I'm afraid it will get damaged. And, then I miss out on great photo ops.
The girls love to craft and scrapbook when they can. The recently did these pages using photos from their scavenger hunt earlier this summer, as well as some of my paper scraps. They chose their papers, and I helped them punch out the squares. The rest the did themselves. Well, Daddy helped Sylvia with her journaling! They are now in our big scrapbook for 2008!
Here is Annah's page:
Her journaling says, "At church in KidMo we did a scavenger hunt. Two of the pictures was: Me by the sandbox and me in a flower garden."

And Sylvia's page:
Her journaling says,"This is Sylvia on her scavenger hunt. 'I am sitting by the sandbox.' 'I am still on my scavenger hunt and I am sitting by a flower bed.'"

I feel like I haven't made the most of this summer and done all the fun things you're "supposed" to do in the summer, like go to the zoo, and take a big vacation, but we have had a lot of fun and a lot of relaxing time. We have a lot to do in the next 10 days!
4 comments:
Love your new banner! Your blog looks great! And how cute are those pages the girls did? So sweet! I've just recently started giving my kids some of my old stash, and they are loving it!
Oh wow Taryn..the girls' pages are just lovely. What a great way to use scraps...I will have to have Lexi do something like this!
Great banner!
Great Banner!
The girls' pages are really cute!
Summer goes by quickly!
Love the new banner and the family pics. The lake looks very picturesque!
Post a Comment