I have lots of random thoughts whirling around in my brain today, so I think we'll go with the bullet-point list format...
- I'm enjoying the more routine feel of the being back-to-school. I have my piano students all back on Saturday mornings, which is really nice. So, I am teaching from 8:30 until 11:00 right now.

- Caeden's homeschool books arrived today. He is super excited! I am actually beginning to get excited about it, and know it will be a good kind of new adventure. We are using a biblically-based curriculum, the Horizons Preschool Curriculum. I'm actually thinking we may use his room for school, as it has the most unused space of any room in the house right now. It should work out well. I'm just beginning to look at the books...but can see I'm going to have a lot of supplies to buy/gather, and am somehow going to have to be organized to do this! Maybe you can join me in praying for that miracle!
- Sylvia came home from school Friday and said, "I never want to leave school--or the bus!" She is loving it! She can't wait to go every day! What a blessing!
Also, yesterday I had two parents tell me how Sylvia helped their children feel better at school. They were both older students who were crying and upset about school, and they said how sweet Sylvia was to them.
- Annah has been telling me about the Activboard they are using in her classroom! It sounds really cool, and I can't wait to see it! There is usually a Fall Open House in mid-September, where we will get to see her classroom and meet her teacher. Her teacher sent home a nice packet of "Welcome to 2nd Grade" information yesterday, which was su-uper helpful! Annah is loving being in her class, and we are thankful for that!
- Sensing that Fall is coming in has made me remember that I need to start preparing for those two important birthdays which happen in our family in October! How exciting! I have been updating Caeden s WishList. (He has no problem telling me what he wants!) Much of it is now a lot of CD's, DVD's, books, and CD-ROM's that go along with his homeschool curriculum, but of course there are train items and other things he wants too.
Annah's list will take some more thought and careful listening. We do already know that she will have a High School Musical birthday party, and that it will include going to see High School Musical 3, which comes out October 24th. Oh yeah, it's on our calendar; is it on yours? Hee hee. - I came across a great discount site for online shopping recently, and have already used it for a successful discount. It's retailmenot.com, and you just put in either a link to what you are looking to buy, or the name of it, or just the idea of it, and it will give you a list of what coupons there are online for that thing! For example, I wanted to find the best deal possible on Caeden's books, so I put in the name of the curriculum and it gave me several coupons to choose from. I ended up using one and getting 20% off the books, which were over $100! So, I will be using retailmenot.com again and again, I'm sure! Check it out!
- I ruined my cell phone yesterday when I left it on the counter and the coffee maker decided to leak. I ordered a Verizon Chocolate (for free) today. I have only heard from one person who's had one--and she hated it. So, we'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment