Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dr. Alfredo Sauce?

The kids' have a new-ish pediatrician. Really he's probably been around over a year, but we haven't had many occasions to visit him, as the kids have been pretty healthy in the past couple years. (Thank you, Lord!!!) But, we went last week for check-ups/school physicals for all three kids, and we saw Dr. Ebreo. His name is pronounced like uh-bray-oh. So...that is a little different word in Caeden's mind, and he has taken to calling him either Dr. Alfredo Sauce or Dr. Ebreo Sauce! Love it. I'm half tempted to call him up and tell him about his new name. He's very cool. I think he'd appreciate it!


It was interesting taking all 3 kids for their physicals... (In fact, the doctor's office wasn't going to allow me to bring them all on one day "because it's too much paperwork at once and it get's too confusing." I was a little peeved about that, and told them [mostly] nicely that I live 40 minutes away, and I was not making more than one trip over there, unless they would like to pay the $20 for my gas to get there twice! After speaking with Dr. Ebreo, we received "special permission" to have all 3 children's appoinments on one day. That's good, because if we hadn't, we'd have been finding a new pediatrician. Sorry to rant. Not many things annoy me like that, but that just got my goat! I really do love our pediatricians office!) Anyhoo...

The kid were hoping for no shots, and I was pretty sure none would need them. They were all up to date on their vaccinations, so that was good. But, since we live in a high risk area for lead poisoning, they all had to have lead tests. Caeden went first, and he only winced and whimpered a little bit when they pricked his finger. When he got a cool band-aid, he was fine. Sylvia, on the other hand, was crying while Caeden was being pricked and was really freaked out by the time it was her turn. She continued to cry while it was Annah's turn...

Annah had had a rash all over her torso for more than a week, and I noticed that morning it had changed from raised bumps to tiny, darker spots. That was concerning, so I had the doctor look at it. He immediately said they would have to do a blood draw to check her blood cell and platelet levels. That was concerning too, and ordinarily I would have probably been extreeeeeeemely worried. But, we went through the very same thing with her when she was about two. I remember it well, because I was pregnant with Sylvia and all emotions were greatly heightened when Dr. Kramer mentioned platelets and leukemia and I had to hold my baby while they stuck needles in her. I remember Jeremy leaving work immediately and rushing home to be with us. Dr. Kramer called us himself to tell us everything was clear. We prayed so hard that day. I remember begging God not to take Annah from us, not to let her be sick. And, I thank Him to this day for her health, and for the reminder we had last week when she had to be tested again--and everything came out fine again. God, I am thankful to have health--for my children and myself. Thank you Lord, for being so good to us!

In the stats category...Caeden officially weighs more than Sylvia (I've been suspicious for a while.), though she is still 1.5" taller than he. Annah can now tease me that she is only 1' shorter than I. They're growing!

3 comments:

Margee' said...

I hope your daughter's tests come back with good results. We lost one daughter, then 2 years later almost lost one of our twins. So I know how scary this can be!
Plus I carry a low white cell count all of the time.

Estee said...

Oh Dr. Alfredo Sauce. That is classic. :)

I don't think I would survive if I couldn't do all three appointments at once, it is hard enough to pry them out of the car and get the kids in there as it is! We have been really lucky that our Ped has always been really understanding.

(((hugs))) to you and your sweet daughter. It is almost unbearable when you think that there could be something medically wrong with a child. When Paizlee had to have emergency surgery at 5 weeks old I didn't think *I* would survive the ordeal. Scary stuff.

I hope that all is well with you and your family!!!

Michelle said...

That is great Dr. Alfredo Sauce! You are a brave woman taking all three at once but I would totally have been the same way!

You and your daughter will be in our prayers...hope the tests come back with a God report...God has a plan in all things, good and bad!

Post a Comment