Saturday, January 6, 2018

Olympia Invite

Today, Caeden wrestled in a big JH invitational at Olympia. Jeremy went along and helped coach when the team had multiple matches going on at the same time. I think it makes Caeden extra nervous when his dad is there, even if he isn't coaching him.  

I stayed home to teach today, because I will have 2 other Saturdays this month that I won't be teaching because of the kids' activities.  One out of 5 students showed up for lessons this morning.  I was able to get 2 to come later in the afternoon so I didn't feel like I wasted my whole day missing out on Caeden's matches for no reason, but it sure was frustrating.  Obviously, I need to do a better job communicating with my students that they should come every week at their regularly assigned lesson time.  Anyway, I digress..,

The invitational was on trackwrestling.com, so I was able to keep up with stats online during the day.

Caeden won his first match 4-2!
Coaches meeting...Annah and Sylvia took stats for the team all day.

Team huddle...


Caeden and his buddy Miles goofing around in the stands...

Bubs lost his second match 1-4 and was pinned in his 3rd match.  Others on the team came in in 5th, 6th, 3rd and even a couple tournament champs for the day, and the team was 6th overall.  They didn't get home until about 8:30 tonight, but Caeden reported that it was a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment