The girls and I went to Chicago today with the RHS music department. We rode a school bus and went to see a Broadway show.
The bus dropped us off at the Cadillac Palace Theatre with about 2 hours before we had to meet back there for the show. A lot of us walked across the street and had lunch at the food court in the James R. Thompson Center. It is a pretty spectacular building.
Annah and her friends decided to walk to "the bean" (Cloud Gate) for some quick pictures, and then Sylvia's friends decided to as well. I was dressed for really cold weather (wearing 2 pairs of leggings, a velvet dress, fuzzy boots, and my down-filled coat), so I decided not to walk there and back and get super sweaty before going to the theatre. I'm glad the girls' groups went. They took some cool pictures!
Annah said she had studied this sculpture in Art 1 and was excited to see it in person.
The Bean!
It was very foggy and humid, so the usual reflection pictures under the bean didn't work so well today. This is Annah. She loves to dress up when she goes to the theatre, and she wore a dress and slingback heels to walk around Chicago on this muddy day. I tried to stop her, but she "did not care."
Sylvia's crew of pals at Cloud Gate.
They all enjoyed watching the ice skaters in Millennium Park.
Annah took note of the Oriental Theatre, where Wicked is currently playing!
She also noticed windows advertising Wicked, Beautiful, and Hamilton!
We went to see Beautiful at the Palace.
Mikaela, who is one of my students and also a close friend of Sylvia's went with us today! We had to get a picture together outside the theatre before the show!
I enjoyed spending the bus ride and a good part of the day with Sandy. Her son Jacob is another one of my students, and also a good friend of the girls.
The Palace is sooooo beautiful inside, and the scenes, lighting, and everything about Beautiful was so....well, beautiful!!!
Jacob, ready for the show
Taylor and Annah
The crew
More crew
We all LOVED the show, and had a great day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment