Today was one of those days that just filled my heart with so much thankfulness I think it could almost burst! I was pretty bummed that we had two things going on at the same time in two different places...The girls had a long rehearsal and concert in the middle of the day in Bloomington, and Jeremy took Caeden and the wrestling club to a tournament in Gibson City all day. There was no way we could all be at both events.
So, I put up a Facebook message this morning and tagged some of the other wrestling parents I thought might be going to the tournament. I told them that if they happened to get a picture of either of my guys I would love to have one. Look at all the pictures they sent me! One dad even posted updates to my Facebook after every one of Caeden's matches because he knew Jeremy wouldn't have time to update me while coaching! It was so nice!!
I love these pictures--especially the ones with Jeremy mat-side coaching our boy!
Caeden won all of his matches today! His first he won 14-0, second one was 7-0, and third was 7-0! Jeremy said he was confident on the mat, took initiative and shot, didn't let up, and did what he knew he was supposed to do. We are both really proud of him for doing those things! He was the tournament champion for his bracket! 1st place! He has a giant trophy, but best of all a big smile and an increased love of the sport he shares with his daddy. Pretty awesome.
Jeremy was pretty pumped about the whole tournament. They took 18 wrestlers from our club, and had 4 tournament champs, 4 in 2nd place, 2 in 3rd, and 8 in 4th. For a lot of the boys, it was their first time ever wrestling. Everyone learned, and the coaches were pleased with the day! Good stuff!

No comments:
Post a Comment