Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Baking

The kids and I went to town today to do some Christmas shopping and grocery shopping too.  We went to Best Buy and Walmart--what was I thinking?!?!  

 When we got home, we made 6 different kinds of cookies and candies.  We planned to make 10, but ran out of energy.  

Caeden was happy to smash candy canes!


We made Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars.  (We substituted more crushed peppermint for the butter mints though.)  They are really yummy.  They taste a lot like Granmda L's candy cane cookies, but are much easier...plus there's frosting!

We also made:

These are good, but I think the recipe isn't really big enough for a 9x13.  Maybe it should be a 9x9?

So yummy!  Andes Mints...can't go wrong!

Microwave Peanut Brittle
This is easy, but you need to know your microwave and adjust the time.  I burnt the first batch, but when I shortened to the shortest recommended times, it was perfect.

One of my very favorites!




No comments:

Post a Comment