Sunday, December 21, 2014

PoC Christmas Open House

PoC's Christmas Open House was today, and it was a very lovely event.

I didn't have a chance to take any photos, so these are from Pastor Celia.  The foyer was looking beautiful, with lots of tasty treats.

Jeremy was our front door greeter today, as usual.


Kim made all the hot foods, and this beautiful pineapple cheeseball.

There were new PoC mugs--gifts for everyone who attended.  (Although we forgot to take any.)

In the sanctuary, the pastors greeted folks and served communion to families.  I played piano Christmas music. Pastor Todd prayed a blessing over every family.

In the manger were torn maps to represent our broken world, and crosses to represent the Gift that Jesus is to us.

This was the one photo I did snap today--the Stonekings and Eddins gathering in for communion.  

The staff Christmas party was this evening, but sadly we didn't attend.  I was having a lot of pain from my kidney stones, and sitting at the piano for most of 4 hours made it worse.  Jeremy needed to come home to do some work as well. 

The Open House was a beautiful gift from the church staff to the church family, and I always enjoy being part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment