This evening was the RJHS Winter Concert. The girls were so excited about it; they really love making music! I think they and all the students did a great job.
6th Grade Choir -- Sylvia's first school choir performance!
I'm so happy about her choir experience. She didn't think she liked singing, and would not have signed up for choir last spring if I hadn't told her I expected her to. I didn't want her to miss the opportunity to know what it's like to sing in a choir.

Mr. R has really encouraged her, and her confidence in singing has grown so much. She even tried out for a solo and was the back-up. She loves singing now, and I'm so glad!

I'm so happy about her choir experience. She didn't think she liked singing, and would not have signed up for choir last spring if I hadn't told her I expected her to. I didn't want her to miss the opportunity to know what it's like to sing in a choir.

Mr. R has really encouraged her, and her confidence in singing has grown so much. She even tried out for a solo and was the back-up. She loves singing now, and I'm so glad!

6th Grade Band
We couldn't really see Sylvia's face (or most of the other kids' either!) while they were performing. She is sitting right in front of the conductor, so you can see her shiny french horn. It was a stressful evening for the bands, as the fans above them were on and their sheet music was flying off their stands! They still did a good job. The 6th graders were especially excited about their final number, "Extreme" because it was their full-length piece of band music.
We couldn't really see Sylvia's face (or most of the other kids' either!) while they were performing. She is sitting right in front of the conductor, so you can see her shiny french horn. It was a stressful evening for the bands, as the fans above them were on and their sheet music was flying off their stands! They still did a good job. The 6th graders were especially excited about their final number, "Extreme" because it was their full-length piece of band music.
JH (7th and 8th grade) Choir
I always have so much fun playing piano for this group. They do a great job.
I'm extra proud of the great job Annah did on her solo in "Slow Me Down, Lord." She loves to sing.
JH Band
This junior high band is playing music written for high school band. They do a great job.
(There is a part in the Christmas piece where Annah has a clarinet solo. She was pretty stressed this week about having a loaner clarinet, because we had to send hers in to get a cork repaired. She didn't like playing on the loaner at all, and Mr. M was really great to loan her his own wood clarinet.)






No comments:
Post a Comment