I really wanted to see the inside of a lighthouse, so Jeremy made sure we got all the way up to the Grand Traverse Lighthouse inside Leelenau State Park before it closed this evening.
Inside, the lighthouse is beautifully restored to the way it was when a keeper's family lived there in the 1920's. (I didn't actually touch the organ.)
The kids did a bit of a scavenger hunt that helped them notice details, such as items inside dresser drawers.
I liked this writing by one the wife of a lighthouse keeper.
We climbed all the way to the very top of the lighthouse!
More beautiful views...
(The tower to the right is the new high-tech "lighthouse" equipment.)
carefully heading back down the ladder...
What a lovely home.
In the giftshop, we admired the Lego version of the lighthouse.
And as we were leaving, we noticed this enormous tree...








No comments:
Post a Comment