Saturday, July 12, 2014

A hurried goodbye

Today, I have felt so yucky that I stayed in bed past lunchtime.  Everyone else, thankfully, was enjoying the wave runners some more.  They even found an inner tube to tie on!




These two cuties are just tons of fun!!




We really appreciate Scott and Cathy inviting us to have a vacation with them! What a blessing this time away at the cabin has been!

When I finally got up for a shower this afternoon, I checked Facebook and noticed that a lot of people near home were talking about getting lots of rain and flooding.  One neighbor also mentioned that the power was out.  When I finally got outside, I received texts from the wife of our village mayor who knew we were on vacation.  She said that our village was having flash floods and that she was worried about our basement.  Since we have had ongoing problems with water, and serious flooding even last week, we knew our basement would be full of water.  We decided we needed to go home right away instead of in the morning.  We packed up quickly and said hurried goodbyes and thank yous.



 


These kiddos played so well together, and we really had a wonderful time!





Thank you H fam!  We love you!!

We got home in the middle of the night, and found everything floating in the basement.  Not a great way to end vacation.  But, vacation itself was a wonderful time away.  We are thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment