We did SO much this morning in the Magic Kingdom! But, we came back this evening ready for more! It was a gorgeous, humid, sunny, Florida evening...
Main Street, U.S.A.
the beautiful Crystal Palace
misting tikis
Reece took a moment to cool off in the mist.
Pirates of the Caribbean, here we come!!
While we were in Adventureland, the girls and I needed to find a restroom, so Dawn directed us to the nearest one. When we came out, we found ourselves in Frontierland! We knew we'd gone out the wrong exit, but Addie later mentioned how that is the most talked about restroom in Disney World because it has entrances/exits to and from both Adventureland and Frontierland and confuses so many people who enter from one and can't figure out how they ended up in the other when the exit! Funny!
Caeden and Reece tried out some of the pirates' weapons in the gift shop.
On to the Tiki Room!
While we were waiting in line for the Tiki Room, two cool things happened. First was that the waterfall stopped and a door opened to reveal these hilarious animatronic birds who told jokes for a few minutes.
The other cool thing was that we saw the Lane family again in line!
We love the Tiki Room. We love the old music, and the fascination of knowing these birds were some of the first animatronics Walt Disney created! It's a really neat show!
Group photo op! How fun to run into friends unexpectedly at the happiest place on earth!
We went on the Jungle Cruise and had a fantastically funny skipper named Milton. His delivery was very genuine and adorably sarcastic. We laughed so much!
More pressed pennies...
We took the train at night. Love.
Dumbo looks stunning at night, and even more impressive with its two spinners!
The kids went through the queue and rode Dumbo just the 5 of them, while we adults waited and watched. They loved the queue which was full of "play while you wait things" as Caeden called them.
Check out this super cool lucky picture I took of Reece riding Dumbo! Couldn't do this again if I tried, I'm sure, but I thought it was really fun!
Although we did most of our planning before leaving on the trip, we have been using a couple apps to help us check on line wait times. The touringplans.com Lines app allows people who are actually in the parks to submit actual posted and experienced wait times. So, we submitted the 30 minute posted wait time for Dumbo and thought we were cool Disney dorks and took a screenshot. (I know, most people won't get what this means, but Dawn and I felt special seeing our screen name on there.)
Sylvia and I watched while everyone else went on Goofy's Barnstormer.
queue fun
The ride goes through this billboard and looks like it broke it. Cute!
We had to visit Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin! Definite fav!
Eww, the Evil Emporer Zurg!
Looking at these pictures, I'm realizing that they look so much like you're actually in the animation! SUCH a cool ride!
Dawn got a really high score! -- Or, maybe, there was a little bit of a malfunction? ;)
This is also a very fun gift shop! The kids want to buy everything they see. But, we are mean and don't let them get anything. Ha.
Oh no! Addie is trapped with Zurg!
I love Tomorrowland!
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is really fun to visit at night when you're exhausted and slap-happy!
I texted in this joke, and they used it in the show! Addie texted one they used too!
This is another cool queue. No pictures or video are allowed inside the show though. But, once again, Caeden was chosen to participate in the show. Mike Wazowski's nephew asked Caeden where he was from, what he was going to be when he grew up, and why is 6 afraid of 7. Caed told him Illinois, he'd have to decide what he was going to be when he grew up, and because 7 ate 9. Oh my.
After the show, some of us were completely done for the day.

























































No comments:
Post a Comment