Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I still believe being a mother is the best "job" in the world!  
The kids all gave me precious hand-made cards and handprints telling me why they love me.  Those are always my favorite gifts--a little piece of their hearts on paper.

Then today after church, they and their daddy surprised me with more cards and a fancy new red Stir Crazy!  So thoughtful!

My old Stir Crazy broke last year, and I've just been using my biggest metal pot on the stove.  But, it hasn't been working very well lately, and the kids knew I wanted a new Stir Crazy.  They even managed to find it half off--yay for bargain shopping!
We have a tradition of Sunday nights being our popcorn and movie night.  I LOVE that my kids love this tradition and are very adamant about keeping it.  It is special to them, and I love that we share that!

So we had to try out the new Stir Crazy...it passed with flying colors.  So fun.  And, I got to choose the movie tonight, since it was Mother's Day!  I chose Mary Poppins, and the kids were happy because they got to stay up past bedtime since it's so long.  Really, one of my favorite movies ever.

I love my family.  So abundantly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment