Monday, May 13, 2013

Crucifixion Diorama


Over the past couple weeks, Annah had to build a diorama for her social studies class.  She had a few time periods to choose from, and decided to do Jesus' crucifixion.   



There were some "loud discussions" and some extra stress in our home over building this project, I must admit.  I offered suggestions (because I didn't want to physically do the project for her) which were mostly shot down because they required too much effort.  She did take my advice to paint the empty tomb on the back of the box, so she could also tell the story of Jesus' resurrection. 
Her daddy was the champion on this one, really moving her to admit she needed to keep working and add more detail.  He even took her to buy more craft supplies and helped her envision and put together the final dimensions and textures that added so much.  


I drove her to school so she didn't have to take it on the bus.  She practiced her presentation on us in the car, and said she was ready to answer questions.  I have to say, I'm proud of her for choosing the story of our salvation for her public school project.  And, the teacher asked if she could keep the diorama to use as an example for future students.  


"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." - 1 Peter 3:15-16 NIV

2 comments:

Travis & Erin McEowen said...

What a wonderful witness! We are so proud of her!

Travis & Erin McEowen said...

What a wonderful witness! We are so proud of her!

Post a Comment