We have had one of those crazy-busy, super fun, end-of-the-schoolyear-approaching, filled up with activities kinds of weeks this week! 3 concerts, 3 kids to private lessons, volleyball camp, baseball practice, make-up lessons [for me to teach], concert rehearsals, driving and picking up, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for supper...and totally fun and worth it!
Last night I accompanied the choir during the high school concert.
Annah recorded all the choir's pieces with my iPhone. This is my favorite one that they worked on this semester, The Moon Is Distant from the Sea, a really lovely (and quite difficult!!) piece by David Childs--a setting of Emily Dickinson's poem.
I was present with a dozen gorgeous roses (They remind me of the ones from my wedding bouquet!) and another lovely arrangement of carnations and daises. Most humbling to my heart were Mr. R's words though, when he called me a friend, a tremendous musician, and explained that they are grateful for me. I'm not sure I live up to all that, but I sure do enjoy the experience and privilege of being part of making music with these wonderful friends and students! Such blessings.
This evening, the girls had another orchestra rehearsal followed by violin lessons. Jeremy, Caeden, and I had supper at Nate's Diner. Nate is a friend of ours from church, and a wonderful guy. Caeden enjoyed his chocolate shake in a frosty glass...
The girls were quite tired when I picked them up, but say they are ready for their concert tomorrow.



No comments:
Post a Comment