Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Traveling On


Gram and the girls finished the fleece blankets this week!  We pray that two hospitalized children will find comfort while wrapped up in them.  

We were up and out on our way by 8:00 a.m. our time (9:00 a.m. Indiana time) today.  We were back home by lunch time.  

Then, we made some schedule adjustments, and I decided I better take Annah to get her pinky looked at.  While the kids were playing on the slip 'n' slide the other day, she hurt it quite badly, and it has been swollen and bruised since.  I didn't want to rush her to the E.R. out of state, even though she was sobbing and wailing that she wanted "to go to heaven now" because she knew it wouldn't hurt there.  She was able to calm down, and we were pretty sure it wasn't broken.  Since the bruising was spreading still today, I took her to the clinic to have it looked at.  


We very much liked this quote hanging in the exam room:

The doctor ordered x-rays.  Thankfully, the doctors' offices building is literally connected to the hospital, and we walked across and got X-rays immediately.  The doctor had them by the time we returned to the clinic, and affirmed that her finger is not broken, just sprained.  Thank the Lord!  She is to buddy wrap it and elevate it for the next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment