A couple months ago, our friend Dawn asked if she could have the kids sometime so Jeremy and I could have a date. We couldn't find a time on the calendar to make it happen until this weekend--which was perfect, since Sunday is our anniversary. So, we made plans for the kids to go home from school with Dawn today (She was substitute teaching.) and spend the night with the R Fam. We were all excited about it...The kids had packed their clothes last night, and Jeremy and I had made plans to go out for dinner and see Avengers in 3-D at the biggest, newest theater in town, woohoo!
Then, at 5:30 this morning I heard Sylvia whimper on her way to the bathroom, and soon the familiar coughing sound began. She was sick to her stomach, poor girl. But the worst part was that she felt like she ruined our plans for the evening. Even worse than that was the fact that Caeden felt like she had too. It was ugly. At the breakfast table with Caeden and Annah, I opened the Bible there was the story of Jesus washing the disciples feet...always the perfect example, we were reminded to consider the needs of others above our own. We prayed for Sylvia and talked about how God sometimes has different plans than we do, and it's okay. We talked about the need to have a servant's heart and love others at all times.
Poor Sylvie was back and forth to the bathroom for a few hours, then spent the rest of the morning through early afternoon resting in her room. By 11:00 she was ready to try sipping a drink and eating some saltines. I let her come downstairs and watch a movie around 1:00. She chose The Little Mermaid, because it's best to watch those princess movies when Caeden's not around to complain.) She seemed to be feeling much better by the time Caeden and Annah got home.
Jeremy and I decided it was pizza night. We'd been wanting to try CJ's pizza, as we'd heard their deep dish is a lot like Giordano's. He brought home a couple pizzas, and they were yummy. We all snuggled up in the living room and watched the new Muppets movie, which we all thought was great! It was a nice evening at home together, and just as good as having a date night would have been.
I love my husband and my kids and my family, and am grateful for every moment we get to spend enjoying life together!

No comments:
Post a Comment