Monday, May 28, 2012

An extra day

We planned to head home to Illinois today.  We went swimming in the morning, had pizza, then got most of our things packed and ready to go to the car, and Jeremy called--already a couple hours ahead of us on the road.  He said that everyone else was heading home from their holiday weekend and the traffic was not so fun.  I also had a nasty headache I woke up with, and didn't really want to drive with that.  So, we decided to stay and relax for the rest of today and leave in the morning.

I was playing piano in the living room, and the kids came in and sat on the couch.  I grabbed my camera, and asked them to gather around Gram for a picture... Some of them decided to be silly!



We like to sit on laps, what can we say?


Gram was looking for something in the closet in what used to be my room, and found this dress Dad bought for me on a business trip to California when I was 12.  Annah put it on, and some memories flooded back when he saw her in it. 

This evening Gram and Sylvia made Molasses Crinkles from the recipe in the back of one of Sylv's Dear America books.

Then Annah and Gram made chocolate chip cookies.


It was a restful day, and the trip tomorrow will be much easier.  Thank you, Mom and Dad, for always welcoming us and making wonderful memories together!

No comments:

Post a Comment