This afternoon, I was on the back porch for some reason, and I looked out the window to admire our four currently blooming, huge, beautiful lilac bushes. Two of them are purple and white flowers and two of them are pink. I think these four are pretty unique, and I love having them in the yard. On one of the pink ones, I saw a big monarch butterfly! I ran to grab my camera, and hopped out the back door (We dont currently have stairs to walk out it properly!) to try to get a picture. Of course, I scared the butterfly away. But, I decided to walk around the yard with the camera anyway.
I found a little fairy house!
I haven't really liked these yellow and red irises as much as my pink and purple ones, but they actually are pretty. Maybe I just need to move these to their own spot, away from the pink and purples.
Looks like we'll have roses smiling in a few days!
As I was outside, the bus arrived, and Annah and her friend Jada were walking home together. They had D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) Graduation at school today, and received these cool shirts with what Annah calls "digital camo" on them. I'm grateful for the D.A.R.E. program being in our school. I remember being part of the learning end of it when I was in elementary school, and being chosen as a mentor to visit classrooms when I was in high school. Annah has very much appreciated what she has learned through the program too.
Annah asked me if Jada and Michaela could come over and study tonight for their Science test on Friday. I told her they could come right then if it was okay with their parents. I was very proud of the three of them, as they sat at the kitchen table and quizzed each other for an hour. Of course, they giggled and snacked, and were distracted by their phones/ipods too, but they actually got some good studying done. I am happy to host studying dates anytime we can!
"I applied my mind to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under the heavens. What a heavy burden God has laid on mankind!"
- Ecclesiastes 1:12-14






No comments:
Post a Comment