Monday, May 5, 2008

camera play

I took the camera outside to play a little more this morning. I really have no idea what I'm doing...just playing. I really need to find a local photography class to take this summer! Oh, that would be so fun!

Our landmark fire hydrant next to our driveway. I always tell people coming from the north to look for it since you can't see a house number on our house.
2008May05Monday-(26)

One of my top few favorite flowers in the world...lilacs! I really have very few flowers in our yard. And almost none of them were planted or chosen by me. But, a few years ago (before all the house projects began so unexpectedly!) I asked for some lilac bushes. Jeremy bought six for me, a few different types. Our springs have been so strange since we planted them that they've not bloomed at all until this year! And, only the dark ones are blooming, and just a few blooms at that. But, they are beautiful!
2008May05Monday-(4)

My tulips are so random now! The fall Caeden was born (I think that's when it was!?), my mom planted the flower bed/planter in front of our house FULL of various tulips and daffodils, with some crocuses and grape hyacinths too. Between the squirrels munching the bulbs and rabbits munching off the actual blooms, there are about 10 different random tulips coming up, and no daffodils or crocuses. It looks pretty sad if you see the whole planter. After the construction on the front of the house is done, I will have to dig up what is left and totally replant everything.
2008May05Monday-(7)

The grape hyacinths are actually looking stronger now. I like how you can see each little bell of the one in the bottom right corner here! I love their periwinkle color and beautiful smell too.
2008May05Monday-(14)

Such a cool, unusual color for tulips, I think!
2008May05Monday-(19)

Okay, yeah, this is just a weed (violets?), and they are kind of popular in our yard this spring, but I think they are kind of pretty. Sylvia picks oodles of them for me, and we bring them in and put our crystal champagne flutes to use as vases!
2008May05Monday-(21)

2 comments:

Estee said...

Gorgeous pictures!!! I *love* lilacs and tulips. I have been begging Brad for some lilac bushes, but I don't know when the best time to plant them would be.

Happy Monday! :)

Mel said...

Violets aren't weeds! They're wildflowers - and I love finding them anywhere they try to grow. They were my Grandma & Grandpa Hollopeter's favorite flowers... every day during the spring/early summer, he would go out and pick a few fresh ones for her and put them in the little violet budvase in the kitchen windowsill.
Photo 1
Photo 2

Post a Comment